Thursday, April 7, 2011

Elevated to Tier Two

That's me. I have been "elevated to Tier Two." Meaning, I finally got my textbook for my class today that started last week. The texts didn't arrive until today in the bookstore. I have to register on-line for the on-line learning component of the text. I spent my afternoon trying to register - ie. filling out the same 40 fill-in boxes over and over again to be told each time that one of them (not a specific one),was not filled out correctly. Let's just say, I'm glad I was home alone. Called the support centre and she couldn't solve the problem either. And now, I have just received an email that my issue has gone to, you got it, tier two. Can I just tell you how much I dislike being behind in anything but especially something like school? Thank you. I feel better now.

Did a little mending yesterday. Samia was given a really sweet purple jacket from my friend Whit last fall. Both her girls wore it and Sam's not exactly easy on her clothes. Suffice to say when I pulled it out for Spring, it was looking a little worn. And torn too - Bodhi jumped on her and tore a chunk out of the material last October. Here are more pictures than you could ever want from the before and after of mending and stain-minimizing I performed.

Before

After



Before

After

I have to say I was quite proud of myself. Not for the results so much, they did the trick, but for being resourceful - not running to the store to buy another jacket but fixing what was otherwise a perfectly fine one. It's nice to start thinking like that.

I will try and write my next blog entry with a bit more of a heartbeat. I think I just needed to have a little convo with myself!

3 comments:

  1. Love the jacket and don't worry school will sort itself out. You have a good head on your shoulders and will catch up. lotsa love, Annie

    ReplyDelete